To save tigers, we need to secure forest and grassland habitats across Asia where they live.
By protecting large, biologically diverse landscapes, we allow tigers to roam and preserve the many other threatened species that live there.
How can we help save the tigers?
- Protect tigers and their habitat.
- Build capacity in range states.
- Reduce human-tiger conflict.
- Conduct scientific research on tigers to help inform conservation strategies.
- Promote tiger-friendly policies.
- Monitor tiger numbers, population trends, and threats to tigers and their habitats.
Can we save the tiger?
Can We Save the Tiger? (Paperback) A visually stunning and informative picture book about the world’s endangered animals. With breathtaking illustrations this picture book tells us about the threats to the many endangered species on our planet and the need to prevent their extinction.
How can we save tigers in India?
So here are ten steps to stop the dwindling population of tigers in India.
- Create awareness.
- Educate the locals.
- Stop poaching and don’t encourage poachers.
- Support a cause.
- Severe punishment for poachers.
- Ban the goods made of tiger skin.
- Protect forests.
- Take an eco tour.
Why Tigers should be saved?
So when a species goes extinct, it leaves behind a scar, which affects the entire ecosystem. Another reason why we need to save the tiger is that our forests are water catchment areas. The tiger is a unique animal which plays a pivotal role in the health and diversity of an ecosystem.
What happens if tigers go extinct?
If the tigers go extinct, the entire system would collapse.
So when a species goes extinct, it leaves behind a scar, which affects the entire ecosystem. Another reason why we need to save the tiger is that our forests are water catchment areas.
How many tigers are left?